Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Summer of Fun...Reading Recap

Now that the leaves are starting to fall here, I've taken a look back at the great reading list I had this summer.  I found new authors and some new series that have captured my attention, along with some old favorites that continue to entertain.  So here is my summer reading recap, in no particular order.  Maybe you'll find something you might want to read on this list!

Erotic romance is always a good place to start, isn't it?  A good part of the summer was devoted to reading Shayla Black's Wicked Lovers series.  You've got some strong, domineering alpha types here. This series was a lot of fun, not too heavy on the mind, with just the right amount of angst to make it interesting.


Another series I loved was the Ross Siblings series from Cherrie Lynn.  The second book in the series, Rock Me, was probably one of my top five favorite books this past summer.  Brian's hotness more than made up for Candace's immaturity, and their story spawned the next in the series, Leave Me Breathless, which is scheduled to release this Fall.  Really looking forward to that one!  


And the summer wasn't just all fluffy erotic romance. There were some dramatic reads too.  One of my favorites was the angst-filled story from Barbara Elsborg called Strangers. It's what happens when two dysfunctional souls save each other.  Another favorite was the first in the Original Sinners series from Tiffany Reisz called the The Siren. Ms. Reisz pushes the envelope with Nora Sutherlin's story and shows us a world that  might just make you uncomfortable.  That's the charm of this series.  Looking forward to the second book in the series, The Angel when it is released next week.

One of my secrets is that I still enjoy a good Young Adult/ New Adult books, especially after reading alot of explicit erotic romance. I was so fortunate to read two excellent offerings in the YA market.  Easy by Tammara Weber is an incredible book with a strong female character and an equally interesting love interest.  This book should be required reading by most teens for its subject matter.  I can't say enough good things about it.

 And last, but not least is my most surprising and enjoyable read of the summer. The Lux Series from Jennifer L. Armentrout is an engaging, action packed series with some incredible world building.  Opal, the third book in the series (or the fourth if you count Shadows) is also scheduled for release this fall, and that's one I will be downloading as soon as it's available.  Might even have to take a day off for that one!

Another title I am eagerly awaiting is the first book in the Heavy Influence Trilogy from Ann Marie FrohoffSkid Out, a novella prequel was released earlier this year. It captured my attention and I'm looking forward to reading more when the first book is release later this year.
So that was my summer reading list...how was yours?





1 comment:

  1. Ahhh yes, the Summer of Angsty Smut! Can't wait to do it again next summer ;)

    ReplyDelete