Friday, August 19, 2011

The Friday Five: Favorite Cat & Bones Love Scenes!


Hello Cat and Bones fans! It's Kristin and Jess from Happily Ever After - Reads and we were given the assignment of coming up with our top 5 Cat and Bones sex scenes. Really, like rereading those scenes was such a hardship! We chose 5 scenes that stood out, not only for the sexiness of them, but for the circumstances surrounding the scene, and with Cat and Bones that usually means high emotion of some sort.

Chapter 32 Disclaimer:
We intentionally left out chapter 32…It belongs on a list all on its own, and we wanted to give the spotlight to some standout scenes without the famous #32 stealing any thunder!

HALFWAY TO THE GRAVE: The first (of many!) time:

If anyone could prove to Cat that not all vampires were horrible creatures, it’s Bones. It took him a little time (161 pages to be exact!) but she came to believe in him and began to trust him, and see that not all vamps are created equal. It was still a struggle for her to see beyond the hate, but Bones breaks down her walls, slowly but surely, and their first time was the perfect combination of sweet and tender, and while Cat may have ran away as fast as she could after, this scene was just a sign of what was to come for our favorite couple:


Those fingers caressed me knowingly, as if I’d told him secrets, and I bit my lip to stifle the cries. When his thumb circled the ball of my flesh and a long finger rubbed inside me, I trembled in uncontainable need.

A harsh noise of protest escaped me when he stopped. He moved his hand away, his mouth left my breasts, and he dragged his lips down my stomach. It wasn’t until he was past my naval that I realized his intention.

“Bones, wait!” I gasped, shocked.

He paused at once, mouth still on my belly. “Stop?” he inquired.

Color flamed my cheeks and I couldn’t articulate my objection. “Er, not stop all of it, just…um, I don’t think that’s appropriate-


Something like a snort escaped him. “I do think,” he muttered, and lowered his mouth.


HALFWAY TO THE GRAVE – The first bite

As smitten as Cat becomes over Bones in Halfway to the Grave, she still holds many biases from past experiences with vampires, their need to “bite” being one of them. But before the end of book #1, Cat lets go of her fears, and gives in to curiosity. It takes some convincing Bones on her part once she accepts that she wants to be bitten, but before long, she and Bones pass that point of no return that only a vampire can provide. While this scene isn’t, shall we say “consummated”, the sensuality of the moment alone, made it on our favorite love scene list.

His hand brushed through my hair, smoothing it aside and his mouth dipped to my neck. I gasped at the feel of his tongue circling my pulse in a more predatory manner than ever before. He fastened his mouth over it, sucking. Drawing the artery closer to the surface and pressing on it with his sharp teeth. My heart was pounding now; its throb must have been pounding against his lips.

“Kitten,” he moaned into my skin. “Are you sure?”

“Yes,” I whispered. “Yes.”

Fangs sank into my throat. I braced myself for pain, but it didn’t come. A long, deep suction froze me with surprise instead. Oh! This wasn’t like before when Hennesey bit me. It didn’t hurt. On the contrary, I began to feel delicious warmth spreading through me. It was as if our roles were reversed and the blood spilling into his mouth was feeding me as well. That heat increase, taking me down with it, and I curled my arms around his neck to pull him close.

Bones…


ONE FOOT IN THE GRAVE: Cat & Bones Reunion

After being apart for years, we knew, we just KNEW, that the next time these two got together it would be fast, hard and hot, and yup, it totally was. After having a dinner date cut short by being shot at (who hasn’t dealt with that scenario at least once?) Cat and Bones escape and are able to question the hitmen. Once the panic of the moment was over, they both needed a big release and we as readers benefited! While Cat and Bones have their sweet, tender moments, it’s the scenes filled with high emotion that really hit home – and they have plenty of emotion being two strong willed, passionate individuals:

My mind was seized with a single jumbled rant: Harder-faster-more-yes! It was all I could think as I clawed at his back, desperate to somehow get closer. Bones’s arm was under my hips, holding me tighter even as the solidness at my back rocked with our movements. Between his kiss, my grip, and that unknown brace, I could barely breathe, but I didn’t care. All that mattered was the escalating passion within that had my nerve endings contracting and twisting in a frenzy.

“Don’t stop, don’t stop!” I cried, but it came out as only a garbled shout against his mouth. Bones must have translated, however, because he ramped up his speed until I wasn’t even sure I was still conscious. Spasms began to shake me from the inside out as my body convulsed with the overload of pleasure. I heard Bones groan, barely audible above the thundering of my heartbeat, and then moments later felt the wetness of his release inside me.

It took a few minutes before I could speak. “Something’s jabbing me…in the back.”

I was still panting. Bones wasn’t, of course, that whole not needing to breathe thing. He pulled me away and then glanced at the offending object.

“Twig.”


AT GRAVE’S END – Possessive sex in a semi

When a meeting has Cat and Tate getting a little more up close and personal than they had planned for, Bones takes his possessive traits to a new level.

“It was just an act,” I said again.

“Oh, I know that,” Bones replied at once. Those glittering green eyes met mine. “Tate wouldn’t be alive right now if it wasn’t. I know you only did this to get Hyosko, Kitten.” His voice deepened. Hardened.
“No matter the cause, don’t you dare, ever, let someone handle you in such a way again.”

Then, to my complete surprise, Bones yanked my underwear down.

“What are you doing?” I gasped.

“What does it look like I’m doing?” He muttered, even as he spread my legs.

Of all the things I’d expected, this would have been last on my list. “But you’re, er, still mad at me.”

“Right you are,” was his somewhat muted response as a deep lick made my knees weak.

I was about to say this wasn’t a fair way to fight, when Bones grasped me around the waist and lifted me. Color rose to my cheeks, because my legs were around his shoulders and my head almost reached the ceiling.

“Bones,” I managed to say. “Stop. Let me down.”

Ruthlessly his tongue continued to tease me. “No. You’re mine, and I’m taking you now.”


THIS SIDE OF THE GRAVE – Candle wax and fangs

It was said early on by Jeaniene herself that This Side of the Grave contained a scene that might be a contender for the hottest scene in Night Huntress history, possibly even better than THE chapter 32. While we can’t be the ultimate judge of whether it was or wasn’t, we certainly did enjoy book five’s now infamous scene, when Cat decides it’s her turn to take Bones to new heights—with candle wax and her own fangs.

“Do it,” he said, his voice so rough I almost didn’t recognize it.

I blew the candle out with a soft puff that still left it smoldering, then poured the entire scalding contents onto the flesh in my hand.

His whole body jerked while flashes of pain and pleasure assaulted my subconscious. I mashed the top of the candle together to ensure that it was out before throwing it aside, ignoring the fleeting burn in my hand. Then, before the wax had chance to cool, I fastened my lips around the head of his cock. A primal groan came from his throat when I pulled him deeper, tonguing his flesh, taking as much as I could with two sharp, pointed fangs in the way…

I sank my fangs into him, reveling in the shudder that went through his body and the shout that seemed to erupt from his throat. The ambrosia of his blood teased my tongue as, very carefully, I rocked my mouth against him, taking his cock deeper without enlarging the punctures I’d made with it.

This had taken practice to be perfect.


So, there you go, these were the 5 scenes that stood out to us in the series. There were so many other great moments that we just couldn’t fit on the list, so let’s hear them! We’d love to know what YOU think is the hottest Cat and Bones moment of the series so far. 



4 comments:

  1. Awesome list ladies! I'm sure it was a tough assignment! LOL! Thanks so much for helping out with this little project to pass the time before One Foot in the Grave! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for having us! Such a fun a post to research :D Can't wait to see what we can add to this list from the new book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for having us do this Mare! We both loved reliving the scenes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HOLY HOTNESS!! I need a total reread NOW!!
    Great post ladies - thanks for sharing!
    btc

    ReplyDelete